1/4 cup chana dal (split bengal gram)
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
salt to taste
For The Garnish
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Combine the masoor dal and chana dal in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute, without using water.
- Blend the dals in a mixer to a coarse paste, without using water.
- Transfer the powder to the same microwave safe bowl, add 2½ cups of water and microwave on high for 14 minutes, while stirring once every 5 minutes.
- Put 1 tbsp of butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds
- Add the cumin seeds and onions, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, green chillies, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the boiled dal, coriander and the remaining 1 tbsp of butter, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.